What's new
Welcome, Guest:

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

How to Create a WordPress Blog (Step by Step) With No Step Skipped

Hello friends, have you had the thought of starting a WordPress blog from scratch but you feel its tasking and difficult? I know most of you must have had that thought in mind. Well, creating a WordPress blog from scratch is not that tasking or difficult all you need is just the right information and tools to help you achieve that. Today I will put you through on how to create a WordPress blog from scratch without any technical knowledge of programming.

start-a-wordpress-blog-jpg.222

The process is very easy to follow whether you’re 20 years old or 60 years old it doesn’t really matter, you can still follow the process and create your first WordPress blog. However, if you need help, I can help you set up your blog for free.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

What do you need to start up a WordPress blog?

To set up a WordPress blog there are three things needed to achieve this successfully.
  1. A domain name idea (this will basically refer to the niche which you want to blog on)
  2. A web hosting account (this is where your website files are hosted on the internet)
  3. Your undivided attention for at least 30 minutes.
Yes, you read that correctly. You can start a WordPress blog in less than 30 minutes, and I will walk you through the whole process step by step with no step skipped.

In this tutorial, we will cover the following:
  • How to register a new domain name (not free though)
  • How to choose the best hosting provider and plan
  • How to install WordPress in few clicks
  • How to change your WordPress theme
  • How to write your first blog post
  • How to create a page in WordPress
  • How to install and customize WordPress with plugins
  • How to make money from your blog
Are you ready? Let’s get started.

Step 1. Setup

One of the biggest mistakes most beginners make when starting a blog is actually choosing the wrong platform. Thankfully you’re here, so you won't be making that same mistake too.

For 95% of users, it actually makes more sense to start a blog with wordpress.org which is normally referred to as self-hosted WordPress. Why? The reason is that wordpress.org is free to use, you can install a whole lot of plugins, you also have the privilege to customize your site design the way you want, and most importantly make cool money from your blog without any restrictions.

Now you have probably heard that WordPress is free.

You might actually be wondering why is it free? Whats the secret?

Well, there’s no secret. Its actually free because you need to do the setup yourself, buy a domain, and host it yourself.

In other words, you need a domain name and a web hosting account.

Don’t know what a domain name is? Well, a domain name is basically what people type in a browser to get to your website. It's simply your website address on the internet. E.g. google.com or ghcorner.com

Don’t’ know what a web hosting is? Well, web hosting is actually where your website live. It houses your website on the internet. Every website needs a web hosting to be live on the internet.

A domain name usually costs $10.98/year, and web host cost $7.99/month depending on the hosting provider.

In this tutorial, I will be recommending
hosting provider which I use and I think they are one of the best in this hosting business. They have a very good customer service support, quick response, reliable server and overall they have good technicians that can help you resolve any problems you should you encounter any.

Note: At GHCorner we believe in transparency. If you sign up Namecheap using our referral link, we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Let’s get started. Open up
in a new window and follow along.

Once you’re on the page, click on Hosting > Shared Hosting.

namecheap1-png.223

A new page will open that shows the packages they offer, as a newbie I will recommend you start with the “Value” package as you would pay $9.88/year for the first year which I consider a great deal.

namecheap2-png.224

Next, click the “Add to Cart” button, a new page will open asking you to select a domain. Here, choose the “Purchase a new domain” option.

namecheap3-png.225

You will be taken to a new page once more for you to enter your domain name. Now, type in your desired domain name and select the number of years you want after that click “Add New Domain to Cart” option and click “Continue” to go to the next stage.

namecheap4-png.226

You will be redirected to the shopping cart page. Here leave everything as it is, you can add a promo code if you have any if you don’t just google “Namecheap promo codes” if you find any you can add it here and click on “apply” to activate the promo code you got, next click “Confirm Order”.

The next page that will show up will take you to the My Account page, here all you need to do is navigate to the Create An Account section and fill in the required information’s and click on “Create Account and Continue”.

Next, you’ll be taken to a new page to complete the sign-up process, fill all the required information, add your preferred payment option and pay for the service.

Once completed, you will receive an email with details on how to access your web hosting control panel (cPanel). Here, you can manage everything from support, emails, file manager, and so on. But most importantly, this is where you install WordPress.

Step 2. Install WordPress

Once logged to the cPanel, you will see a lot of icons for different services, just ignore all and scroll down to Softaculous Apps Installer and click on the WordPress icon.

wordpress1-png.227

You will be redirected to Softaculous Script Installer with WordPress selected. Click on the Install Now button.

wordpress2-png.228

Again, you will be taken to the WordPress setup page. You will be asked to select your domain name, select your domain name and protocol type i.e. HTTP or https. After that scroll down to Site Settings, enter your site name and site description here.

wordpress3-png.229

Again, scroll down to Admin Account and enter your preferred admin username, password, email and then scroll down and select any theme of your choice. Scroll down once more and enter an email address that your account information will be sent. Now click on the Install button.

wordpress4-png.230

Wordpress will start installing, once the installation process is completed it will show you a success page telling you congratulations, the software was installed successfully.

wordpress5-png.231

Next, click on the installation complete URL link, and you automatically take you to your WordPress login URL page.

Congratulations, you have successfully created your first WordPress site. That wasn’t too bad right.

Your Wordpress login URL will look similar like below:

Click on the Wordpress login URL to login to your site's dashboard.

At this point, we are ready to customize your site’s appearance and start blogging.

Step 3. Selecting Your Preferred WordPress Theme

The visual appearance of your entire WordPress blog is controlled by themes. When you visit your blog for the first time, it will look something like below:

startawpblog-jpg.232

This doesn’t look very nice to most people

Customizing the appearance and feel of your blog is one of the most exciting and fun parts of the journey of creating your WordPress site.

There are dozens of pre-made WordPress themes that you can install on your site. Some of them are free, while some are paid.

You quickly change your theme by going to your WordPress dashboard and clicking Appearance > Themes.

wordpress6-png.233

At this point, you can go ahead and click on the Add New button.

A new screen will show up, in this section you will be able to search for any kind of WordPress theme of your choice i.e. the theme that suits your blog niche. You can sort the themes by featured, popular, latest, favorites, as well as feature filters (i.e. Layouts, Industry, etc.).

wordpress7-jpg.234

When you have found the theme that you like most, all you have to do is bring your mouse on it, and it will show the install button, click on the Install button and wait for the theme to be installed. After that, the install button will be replaced with an Activate button. You need to click on it to Activate the theme.

wordpress8-jpg.235

Once you have installed your theme, you can now go ahead and customize it by clicking on the Customize link under Appearance menu.

Once you’ve successfully selected your Wordpress theme, you are now ready to create your first blog post.

Step 4. Creating Your First Blog Post

To write your first blog post, all you need to do is click on the Posts > Add New menu in your WordPress dashboard.

Next, you will see an editor area where you can write your first blog post.

wordpress9-png.236

Once you’re done writing your post, you can go ahead and click on the Publish button on the right to publish your first blog post to the world.

wordpress10-jpg.238

On the posts screen, you might have noticed several other options such as Categories, Tags, and Featured Image. You can use all these to organize your blog posts to make it look will organize.

Step 5. Creating Your First Blog Page.

To create your first blog page, click on the Pages > Add New menu in your WordPress dashboard.

wordpress11-png.239

You will see an editor area where you can write about your page. Now, enter a title for your page and whatever you want to add in the page in the editor section and click on the Publish button to publish your first page to the world.

wordpress10-jpg.238

You can use the pages section to add important pages like contact form, about page, and so on.

To further customize your WordPress blog and add more features like contact forms, sliders, galleries, etc, you need to use WordPress plugins to do all of that.

WordPress plugins are apps that allow you to add new cool features to your WordPress site.

There are a handful of WordPress plugins available to choose from.

Step 6. Making Money From Your Blog

Now, that you’ve successfully built your blog and customized it to your taste, you are probably wondering how you can actually make money from your blog right?

The answer is, there are several ways by which you can successfully monetize your blog, but there is no such thing as getting rich quick scheme. Most of those are actually scams.

Unlike other “make money online” articles, I have created a guide on how to make money from your blog using WordPress.

As long as you’re willing to put your effort and hard work, you’ll surely reap the reward. Always remember, there are no shortcuts.

:)That’s all for now folks.:)

If you liked this article, then please do me a favor to share.

Last edited:

LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE